Some questions about Coq au Vin
Asked on 3 Nov 2019 by Ruth
I have a few questions about bulk cooking:
1. Can you freezer coq au vin?
2. I am making this for 30 people so wondered if I could make it batches then reheat once thawed?
3. How long and what temp for reheating should I use?
4. Could this recipe be cooked in a slow cooker
5. Can stock be substituted for some of the red wine?
Yes, you can freeze coq and vin for up to 3 months.
Yes, you could make it in batches.
Defrost overnight in the fridge. Reheat at 180C (160 fan) in an ovenproof dish, covered in foil for about 35 minutes.
I’m sure you could use a slow cooker and follow the guidelines from a similar recipe.
Yes, you can use stock to replace some of the wine.