Winter Celery and Maple Soup
Fresh celery, mixed nuts and delicious maple syrup make this a warming vibrant soup, packed full of goodness.
Versatile, delicious and naturally produced, pure Canadian maple syrup is free from artificial additives and flavourings and a natural source of energy. Make it your Christmas ingredient this festive season and join in the celebrations on Maple Syrup Day - December 17 - head over to our competition page to be in with a chance of winning a Maple cookbook and Maple cooking ingredients.
Serves 3-4 portions Preparation time: 30 mins Cooking time: 30 mins Difficulty: Easy
1. Add the onions to a pan with the cumin and paprika and gently fry in a splash of oil until fragrant.
2. Add the celery and the maple syrup and begin to caramelise.
3. Add the vegetable stock and vegetable oil and simmer for 30 mins until the vegetables are soft.
4. Put into a liquidiser and puree the mixture.
5. Add in the crème fraîche and spinach and blend agin until completely mixed together.
6. Warm up the soup to the desired temperature.
7. Serve in bowls and top with a drizzle of cream and chopped nuts.