Vegetarian 'Sausage' Rolls with a Maple Glaze
A vegetarian take on a classic, made with a delicious filling and mouth-watering pastry with a sweet maple syrup glaze.
Versatile, delicious and naturally produced, pure Canadian maple syrup is free from artificial additives and flavourings and a natural source of energy. Make it your Christmas ingredient this festive season and join in the celebrations on Maple Syrup Day - December 17 - head over to our competition page to be in with a chance of winning a Maple cookbook and Maple cooking ingredients.
Serves 30 portions Preparation time: 15 mins Cooking time: 25 mins Difficulty: Easy
1. Pre-heat the oven at 220°C
2. In a bowl, add the cheese, onion, cream, mustard, parsley and cayenne pepper to the breadcrumbs and combine.
3. Season the mixture and set aside.
4. Roll out the puff pastry and cut into three equal strips.
5. Divide the filling into three portions and place on the one side of each pastry strip.
6. Fold the pastry over, use a fork to seal in the filling and cut into 3cm pieces.
7. Beat the egg and maple syrup together in a bowl.
8. Snip the top of each roll and brush with the maple, egg wash.
9. Place the rolls onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
10. Bake on the top shelf for 20-25 minutes.
11. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack before serving.