Parmesan and Maple Parsnips
Sweet, nutty parsnips paired with creamy parmesan and rich maple syrup. A seasonal combination of delicious flavours.
Versatile, delicious and naturally produced, pure Canadian maple syrup is free from artificial additives and flavourings and a natural source of energy. Make it your Christmas ingredient this festive season and join in the celebrations on Maple Syrup Day - December 17 - head over to our competition page to be in with a chance of winning a Maple cookbook and Maple cooking ingredients.
Serves 4 portions Preparation time: 10 mins Cooking time: 45 mins Difficulty: Easy
1. Pre-heat the oven at 230ºC.
2. Blanche the parsnips in salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes until part cooked.
3. Drain off the remaining water and pat dry.
4. Drizzle over the olive oil and maple syrup and roast in the oven for 10 minutes until starting to colour.
5. Coat in the grated parmesan, add salt and pepper and roast for a further 25 minutes until golden brown.