King Prawn and Spicy Maple Coconut Curry
This spicy, creamy coconut curry is quick to cook but delivers on taste
Versatile, delicious and naturally produced, pure Canadian maple syrup is free from artificial additives and flavourings and a natural source of energy. Make it your Christmas ingredient this festive season and join in the celebrations on Maple Syrup Day - December 17 - head over to our competition page to be in with a chance of winning a Maple cookbook and Maple cooking ingredients
Serves 6 portions Preparation time: 10 mins Cooking time: 20 mins Difficulty: Easy
1. In a pan heat olive oil and flash-fry king prawns for 2-3 minutes until opaque. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Heat more oil and add spring onions, ginger and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes then add half of the red chillies and Madra paste.
3. Keep stirring together and slowly pour in coconut milk and maple syrup.
4. Bring to the boil, add water then turn down to a simmer. Reduce liquid by 1/4.
5. Prepare rice according to packet instructions.
6. Five minutes before serving, add part-cooked prawns to the Madra curry sauce, stir through to fully heat and finish off cooking.
7. Serve curry with rice. Garnish with chillies, fresh chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.