Festive Maple Granola
Maple syrup and colourful dried fruit add a sweetness to this granola, which is both low in fat and high in carbohydrates perfect for a balanced breakfast.
Versatile, delicious and naturally produced, pure Canadian maple syrup is free from artificial additives and flavourings and a natural source of energy. Make it your Christmas ingredient this festive season and join in the celebrations on Maple Syrup Day - December 17 - head over to our competition page to be in with a chance of winning a Maple cookbook and Maple cooking ingredients.
Serves 6 portions Preparation time: 15 mins Cooking time: 15 mins Difficulty:Easy
1. Preheat oven to 190ºC.
2. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or foil.
3. In a cup, combine half of the maple syrup, the apple juice and oil.
4. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts and cinnamon.
5. Add the maple syrup mixture and stir well to coat all the ingredients.
6. Divide equally between the two baking sheets and spread evenly.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until the granola is fragrant and golden. Remove from the oven and pour the granola back into the large bowl.
8. Add the remaining maple syrup and the dried fruit; mix well.
9. Allow to cool completely; the granola will crisp as it cools.
10. Store in an airtight container.