Easy Overnight Maple Oats
Plums, chia seeds, almonds, yoghurt and maple syrup combine to make a satisfying, energising breakfast.
Versatile, delicious and naturally produced, pure Canadian maple syrup is free from artificial additives and flavourings and a natural source of energy. Make it your Christmas ingredient this festive season and join in the celebrations on Maple Syrup Day - December 17 - head over to our competition page to be in with a chance of winning a Maple cookbook and Maple cooking ingredients.
Serves 4 portions Preparation time: 10 mins Difficulty: Easy
1. In a bowl or sealable container, mix oats, chia seeds, almond milk, yoghurt, maple syrup, half the chopped nuts and nutmeg together.
2. Stir through 5 chopped plums, cover and leave refrigerated overnight.
3. When ready to serve, stir and divide into bowls or glasses.
4. Top with remaining chopped plums, almonds or hazelnuts, and an extra drizzle of maple syrup.
5. Adapt this year-round dish using your favourite seasonal fruit.