Souffles do have an unfounded reputation for being difficult but in fact as long as you don't open the oven door they couldn't be easier. And if you don't believe it, why not make Delia's twice-baked souffles, designed for souffle scaredy cats?
It helps if you separate the whites into a cup first before adding them to the bowl, then if one breaks, it won't ruin the rest.
This recipe is very special. What you get are clouds of very lemony, very light melt in the mouth loveliness.
Delia's Potato, Cheese and Spring Onion Souffle is from Delia's Happy Christmas, but it's too good to only eat once a year.
Serve this souffle straight from the oven...
Recipes don't come much more frugal than this cheap and satisfying take on jacket potatoes - ideal food for cash-strapped students and vegetarians.
This makes a filling and enjoyable meal for 4 from a few cheap ingredients - even more so if you grow your own courgettes and have a glut to use up. Add fresh herbs, eggs and parmesan-style cheese for a wonderful vegetarian recipe.
This recipe for one is a great way to jazz up a plain omelette, with Stilton adding plenty of flavour. And, if there are two people to feed, it can easily be doubled up.
Souffled omelettes are a great way of making a plain omelette really special and the addition of Cashel Blue - or, indeed any tangy, blue cheese - will give you a supper dish for one that's out of this world. Serve with a tomato salad.
Light and lovely, these beautiful little souffles have the added attraction of being less likely to collapse than a standard version. Hand round chocolate sauce and cream for even more luxury (not to mention calories!)
These can be made with Cheddar cheese and can be made a few days in advance or even frozen.
Return to Homepage
Visit the Delia Online Cookery School with Waitrose
Click here to go to Waitrose.com
Most Popular recipes
- Twice-baked Goats' Cheese Souffles with Chives and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- A Souffle Omelette with Three Cheeses and Chives
- Souffle Omelette with Swiss Gruyere Cheese and Parmesan
- The Ultimate Fast Food - Omelettes
- Win a £250 Wren Living home voucher
- Win tickets to see Stones in His Pockets
- Easy Biscuits and Cookie Recipes
- Win a year's supply of Sacla Pesto and £100 shopping voucher!
- Win a Judge Meat Mincer & Sausage Maker
- New products!
- Delia Online Bakeware and Equipment Range!