Long Description to add
The Canadian bit comes from the maple syrup - that sticky, sweet, caramelly ingredient that lifts pancakes into the realm of the heavenly. Using buttermilk makes pancakes particularly light and moreish.
Although these mini pancakes look pretty impressive, they're dead easy to make and won't cost a fortune either: enjoy them as part of Delia's Frugal Christmas menu!
Turn Delia's Basic Pancake recipe into Kaiserschmarrn, a stunning dessert
Use a simple recipe for Basic Pancakes, add a few extra ingredients and voila - Crepes Suzette.
Cooked in a matter of minutes, pancakes are traditionally eaten on Shrove Tuesday, but they are good enough to have any time of the year.
Return to Homepage
Visit the Delia Online Cookery School with Waitrose
Click here to go to Waitrose.com
Most Popular recipes
- Basic Pancakes
- Buckwheat Blinis with Smoked Salmon, Creme Fraiche and Dill
- Canadian Buttermilk Pancakes with Maple Syrup
- New products!
- Win a year's supply of Sacla Pesto and £100 shopping voucher!
- Easy Biscuits and Cookie Recipes
- Win a Judge Meat Mincer & Sausage Maker
- Win a £250 Wren Living home voucher
- Delia Online Bakeware and Equipment Range!
- The Ultimate Fast Food - Omelettes
- Win tickets to see Stones in His Pockets