Long Description to add
This lovely traditional Christmas pudding is a good bet for those who don't like the richness of a traditional plum pudding, yet still want the elements of it - steaming, apples, raisins - in their Christmas Day dessert.
This is quite definitely a dessert cake. The combination of spices, the hint of orange and the balance of tart apples and cake are perfect. It needs a large dollop of crème fraiche or whipped cream to go with it.
This recipe is adapted from Delia's Happy Christmas, but it's too good to only have once a year...
In the winter it works really well with passion fruit
This wonderful pie is the perfect end to a traditional Sunday lunch, just serve with custard, ice-cream or chilled pouring cream
Return to Homepage
Visit the Delia Online Cookery School with Waitrose
Click here to go to Waitrose.com
Most Popular recipes
- Win tickets to see Stones in His Pockets
- Delia Online Bakeware and Equipment Range!
- The Ultimate Fast Food - Omelettes
- Easy Biscuits and Cookie Recipes
- New products!
- Win a year's supply of Sacla Pesto and £100 shopping voucher!
- Win a Judge Meat Mincer & Sausage Maker
- Win a £250 Wren Living home voucher