Long Description to add
This recipe is dead simple, yet it draws out all the sweet, fragrant flavour of the shallots and at the same time gives them a glazed pink, jewel-like appearance. It makes an excellent accompaniment to beef, or you can add a bit of sophistication to
Dessert figs that have become too dry to eat as they are can be excellent made into a compote. This is superb served with ice cream, but failing that, try it with some Greek yoghurt.
It is so simple to make proper custard, not only does it taste better than anything ready made it freezes well too.
Return to Homepage
Visit the Delia Online Cookery School with Waitrose
Click here to go to Waitrose.com
Most Popular recipes
- Win a £250 Wren Living home voucher
- Win a year's supply of Sacla Pesto and £100 shopping voucher!
- Win a Judge Meat Mincer & Sausage Maker
- New products!
- Win tickets to see Stones in His Pockets
- Easy Biscuits and Cookie Recipes
- The Ultimate Fast Food - Omelettes
- Delia Online Bakeware and Equipment Range!