Long Description to add
In this recipe a huff paste is used to seal the pot, thus ensuring that the guinea fowl is as juicy and succulent as possible. The garlic cooks to a soft mellow flavour for a really beautiful dish.
Guinea fowl is packed with flavour - and this makes a great alternative to the more usual coq au vin, a French classic.
You can use chicken for this recipe, but it's well worth seeking out guinea fowl in the autumn and winter months as it has a wonderful depth of flavour, here accentuated by Calvados, creme fraiche and apples.
Return to Homepage
Visit the Delia Online Cookery School with Waitrose
Click here to go to Waitrose.com
Most Popular recipes
- Guinea Fowl au Vin
- Guinea Fowl Baked with Thirty Cloves of Garlic
- Pot-roasted Guinea Fowl with Calvados, Cream & Apples
- Delia Online Bakeware and Equipment Range!
- Win a Judge Meat Mincer & Sausage Maker
- Easy Biscuits and Cookie Recipes
- Win a year's supply of Sacla Pesto and £100 shopping voucher!
- The Ultimate Fast Food - Omelettes
- New products!
- Win a £250 Wren Living home voucher
- Win tickets to see Stones in His Pockets