Long Description to add
This is an adaptation of the famous French classic, but more economical because it's made with braising steak. It does take longer to cook but it will simmer happily unattended, and there's very little work involved. The flavour is superb!
This may sound like a long-winded recipe but in fact you can prepare the pastry and filling ahead - then simply assemble and cook it all when you want to eat. Ideal fodder for a cold day...
While the French classic steak au poivre, or peppered steak, is a wonderful idea, steak is expensive and in the winter the original recipe can be adapted to braising – which is far easier for entertaining and tastes every bit as good. I like to serve
If you long for a thick, juicy grilled steak and can’t afford it, try this recipe with braising steak – it’s every bit as good.
Return to Homepage
Visit the Delia Online Cookery School with Waitrose
Click here to go to Waitrose.com
Most Popular recipes
- Delia Online Bakeware and Equipment Range!
- Win tickets to see Stones in His Pockets
- Win a Judge Meat Mincer & Sausage Maker
- Win a year's supply of Sacla Pesto and £100 shopping voucher!
- The Ultimate Fast Food - Omelettes
- New products!
- Easy Biscuits and Cookie Recipes
- Win a £250 Wren Living home voucher