Lovely baked gammon, studded with cloves and glazed with citrus flavours has to be one of the highlights of British cuisine. Enjoy Delia's recipes, including a wonderful dish with a gherkin sauce.
This may sound like quite a retro kind of dish, but as Delia says, collar of bacon has great flavour... and if you've never tasted traditional pease pudding you're in for a treat!
The addition of gherkins to the sauce adds crunch and a certain piquancy to this recipe, cutting through the richness of the gammon. A very impressive supper dish and special enough for entertaining.
A wonderful centrepiece for Christmas, you can use a bacon joint or gammon for this recipe - packed with flavour and the best crackling ever!
For a smaller joint of boned gammon, such as a middle cut weighing 5-6 lb (2.25-2.75 kg), pre-soak and cook in exactly the same way, using half the quantity of glazing ingredients. Calculate 20 minutes per pound (450 g) and glaze during the last 30
This is so quick and effortless – and proves that simplicity is so often the best. Excellent served with quick stir-fried cabbage.
The citrus, rum and raisin sauce is the perfect foil for the richness of the gammon and the sweet crisp crackling. This would make a superb centrepiece for a hot buffet at Christmas.
This marvellous recipe exploits that wonderful culinary marriage of pork and beans, here coupled with a creamy spring onion and chive sauce. We defy anyone not to love it!
Return to Homepage
Visit the Delia Online Cookery School with Waitrose
Click here to go to Waitrose.com
Most Popular recipes
- Gammon Steak with Honey and Mustard Sauce
- Baked Sugar-glazed Whole Gammon
- Roast Gammon with Blackened Crackling with Citrus, Rum and Raisin Sauce
- Easy Biscuits and Cookie Recipes
- Delia Online Bakeware and Equipment Range!
- New products!
- Win a year's supply of Sacla Pesto and £100 shopping voucher!
- Win a Judge Meat Mincer & Sausage Maker
- Win tickets to see Stones in His Pockets
- The Ultimate Fast Food - Omelettes
- Win a £250 Wren Living home voucher