Serve with foaming hollandaise flavoured with a rounded tablespoon of freshly chopped dill.
Although these creams may look ultra-indulgent they are easy to make and can be frozen, so make the perfect luxurious starter for a special occasion.
A lovely creamy sauce binds the rice, eggs and smoked fish together, making this the most luxurious and satisfying kedgeree on record!
I first introduced this in 1978, but I've changed it into less of a family supper dish and into something more suitable for entertaining. Serve it with some sprigs of watercress for garnish, and I always think fish pie is lovely with fresh peas.
The absence of high street fishmongers nowadays always poses problems, so it's important to point out that this recipe can be made using all frozen shellfish and any variety of white fish. However, what we recommend (because they are so good in December)
Delia's recipe for Smoked Salmon and Dill Tart will serve 6 as a starter or 4 as a main course
Return to Homepage
Visit the Delia Online Cookery School with Waitrose
Click here to go to Waitrose.com
Most Popular recipes
- Foil-baked Whole Fresh Salmon with Green Herb Mayonnaise
- Salmon Fishcakes
- Roasted Salmon Fillets with a Crusted Pecorino and Pesto Topping
- Win a year's supply of Sacla Pesto and £100 shopping voucher!
- Win a £250 Wren Living home voucher
- Delia Online Bakeware and Equipment Range!
- New products!
- Win tickets to see Stones in His Pockets
- Win a Judge Meat Mincer & Sausage Maker
- The Ultimate Fast Food - Omelettes
- Easy Biscuits and Cookie Recipes