Nothing beats a pot of home-made jam, marmalade or mincemeat – and they make lovely gifts for friends. Delia removes the mystique from the rolling boil, setting and sterilising, allowing you to apply the technique to other fruit too.
Far superior to anything you can buy, home-made mincemeat will give your mince pies and tarts the edge at Christmas!
Keep that summer feeling going by making your own strawberry jam - not only is it dead easy, but you can then enjoy a taste of summer in the depths of winter.
Find out what questions our members are asking about making jam, pickles and chutney...
Whether it's for the village fete, to give as gifts or simply to use up a glut in the vegetable plot, chutneys and pickles go down a storm with just about everyone. Just add cheese or cold meats...
Making your own preserves isn't just the preserve of the WI: once you know what to do, it's satisfyingly easy and will guarantee you never buy another pot of jam again!
As with many other cookery techniques, jam-making demands knowledge of a few simple rules if you're to guarantee success every time. Here they are...
Return to Homepage
Visit the Delia Online Cookery School with Waitrose
Click here to go to Waitrose.com
Most Popular how to cook articles
- How To Cook
- Christmas with Delia Online
- Chicken and other poultry
- How to carve chicken
- How to joint a raw chicken
- Easy Biscuits and Cookie Recipes
- Win a £250 Wren Living home voucher
- Win tickets to see Stones in His Pockets
- Win a Judge Meat Mincer & Sausage Maker
- Delia Online Bakeware and Equipment Range!
- Win a year's supply of Sacla Pesto and £100 shopping voucher!
- New products!
- The Ultimate Fast Food - Omelettes