Why are so many people funny about fish? Delia tackles this topic and offers helpful advice on overcoming the fish phobia!
Many people are put off eating fish such as mackerel, trout and herrings due to the large number of bones. Fear no more: Delia tells you how to bone them - well worth it, as they're tasty little fish and cheap to boot!
In the summer months, a fresh crab is one of the seasonal highlights. Here, Delia tells you to how to dress a crab for sweet eating!
Frying and grilling fish to perfection is a really useful kitchen skill as it allows you to cook healthy and nutritious fish, maximising its taste and flavour but minimising the fat content.
Because fish has a delicate flavour, poaching and steaming are great techniques to use on it - and they're low fat, so the best option for dieters.
Find out what questions our members are asking about fish and shellfish...
Shelling prawns may seem like the messiest, fiddliest job on earth. But if you know what you're doing, there's a foolproof way to prepare them in no time at all (and, no, it doesn't mean buying shelled ones!)
Get it right and you'll be rewarded with one of nature's healthiest and most enjoyable foods. Get it wrong and you'll have dried-out fish that not even the cat will find alluring. Delia shows you how!
Return to Homepage
Visit the Delia Online Cookery School with Waitrose
Click here to go to Waitrose.com
Most Popular how to cook articles
- How To Cook
- Christmas with Delia Online
- Chicken and other poultry
- How to carve chicken
- How to joint a raw chicken
- Easy Biscuits and Cookie Recipes
- New products!
- Win tickets to see Stones in His Pockets
- Win a Judge Meat Mincer & Sausage Maker
- Win a year's supply of Sacla Pesto and £100 shopping voucher!
- Win a £250 Wren Living home voucher
- The Ultimate Fast Food - Omelettes
- Delia Online Bakeware and Equipment Range!