celery and celeriac soup
easy tasty veggie soup
1 large carrot
2 cloves garlic crushed
a third of celeriac if large
2 celery hearts
2 tablespoon oil - rapeseed or light olive oil
1 oz. butter
organic vegetable stock powder dissolved in about 2 pints hot water
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Roughtly chop the onion, carrot, celery hearts and celeriac.
2 Melt oil and butter in large saucepan
3. Add onion and carrot and garlic and sweat without colouring for about 1 minutes.
4. Add celery and celeraic and sweat for 3 or 4 minutes
5. Add the hot stock
6. Bring to boil then simmer for about 20 minutes until celery and celeriac is soft.
7. Season to taste with celery seeds, (about 1 heaped teaspoon) salt and black pepper.
9. Good with melted cheese on top
Recipe images are not uploaded yet.
Please note: this recipe has been submitted by a user of this website and is not one of Delia's. We cannot, therefore, take any responsibility if the recipe contains errors, does not work or is not as you expect it to be, although, as our users are keen cooks, we are confident it will be a great dish. Delia tests each of her recipes three times, which is why you can always be sure of success.
Most Popular recipes
Win an Induction Hob from Argos
Barbecue recipes: burgers, kebabs and the rest