Avocado and roast chicken bruschetta
This brushetta would be perfect as a starter or a light lunch
Preparation: 15 minutes
Makes 4 bruschetta
- 2 Peruvian Hass avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 large slices of bread
- 2-3 handfuls rocket or salad leaves
- 120g roast chicken, sliced
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- A few drops of olive oil
- A few drops of balsamic vinegar
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- Mash the avocados with a fork, adding a squeeze of lemon juice to prevent them from browning.
- Toast the bread slices, and spread thickly with the mashed avocado.
- Top with rocket or salad leaves, sliced chicken and sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle each one with a few drops of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then finish off with Parmesan cheese shavings.
Please note: this recipe has been submitted by a user of this website and is not one of Delia's. We cannot, therefore, take any responsibility if the recipe contains errors, does not work or is not as you expect it to be, although, as our users are keen cooks, we are confident it will be a great dish. Delia tests each of her recipes three times, which is why you can always be sure of success.
Most Popular recipes
Meat Free Monday
Win a £200 supermarket voucher courtesy of Rapeseed Oil Benefits!
Win one of ten pairs of tickets to see Taken At Midnight. Enter now!