Avocado and Spinach Healthy Dip
Ideal to dive vegetable sticks into, this "Dip" is to be enjoyed without guilt during your apetiser this summer.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 1 Peruvian Hass avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g fresh young spinach
- 200g extra light garlic and herbs soft cheese
- Vegetable crudités, such as cucumber, celery, cherry tomatoes, carrots and peppers
Cook the spinach in boiling water for 1 minute to wilt the leaves, then drain well and rinse with cold water. Squeeze the spinach to remove excess liquid, then chop finely.
2. Beat the soft cheese in a bowl until smooth, then stir in the spinach.
3. Mash the avocado with a fork and stir into the spinach mixture with the shallot. Season with salt and pepper, then serve with vegetable crudités.
Please note: this recipe has been submitted by a user of this website and is not one of Delia's. We cannot, therefore, take any responsibility if the recipe contains errors, does not work or is not as you expect it to be, although, as our users are keen cooks, we are confident it will be a great dish. Delia tests each of her recipes three times, which is why you can always be sure of success.