Bellaverde Ham and Leek Bake
Prep: 15 mins Cook: 40 mins Serves 4
Per Serving: 341 calories, 23.9g protein, 20.7g carbohydrate, 18.6g fat, 8.9g saturated fat, 3.9g fibre, 2.12g salt. Counts as 1 of your 5-a-day
- 2 leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 450ml 3/4 pint semi skimmed milk
- 15g butter
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 75g mature cheddar, grated
- 150g piece of cooked gammon or ham, diced
- 300g cooked potatoes, sliced
- 200g bellaverde® broccoli
- 15g fresh white breadcrumbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium pan and sauté the leeks for 4 mins until soft. Add the ham and potatoes and sauté until heated through. Transfer to a gratin dish add the ham and keep warm.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil add the bellaverde® spears and cook uncovered for 3 mins. Drain well and add to the gratin dish.
- Add the milk to the pan, along with the butter and flour and place over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, whisking with a balloon whisk until a smooth sauce forms. Simmer for 1 min stirring to prevent it sticking. Stir in 50g of the cheese, the mustard and when smooth remove from the heat. Season to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and ham to coat it evenly.
- Mix the cheese and breadcrumbs together and scatter over the sauce coated vegetables. Pop the dish under the grill and cook for a few minutes until the top is golden and crisp. Serve hot.
Please note: this recipe has been submitted by a user of this website and is not one of Delia's. We cannot, therefore, take any responsibility if the recipe contains errors, does not work or is not as you expect it to be, although, as our users are keen cooks, we are confident it will be a great dish. Delia tests each of her recipes three times, which is why you can always be sure of success.
Most Popular recipes
Win an Induction Hob from Argos
Barbecue recipes: burgers, kebabs and the rest