Avocado Eggs Benedict
Re invent this traditional English breakfast by using avocados.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Makes 4 portions
- 2 Peruvian Hass avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 4 bacon medallions
- 4 eggs
- 2 English muffins, split in two
- Mash the avocados with a fork and set to one side.
- Grill or fry the bacon medallions.
- At the same time, gently poach the eggs in simmering water.
- Toast the muffins and spread thickly with mashed avocado. Place a bacon medallion on each one, then top with the poached eggs. Serve immediately.
Please note: this recipe has been submitted by a user of this website and is not one of Delia's. We cannot, therefore, take any responsibility if the recipe contains errors, does not work or is not as you expect it to be, although, as our users are keen cooks, we are confident it will be a great dish. Delia tests each of her recipes three times, which is why you can always be sure of success.
Most Popular recipes
Autumn apple recipes