Gluten free Twice Baked Chocolate Souffles
Can bake ahead & re-bake for 10m before serving hot with a chocolate sauce. Light & fluffy. And gluten free! Recipe makes 8 to 10 individual portion ramekins.
- softened butter
- 120g sugar
- 30g cocoa
- 30g cornflour
- 240ml milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 200g dark choc chopped
- 60ml alcohol/liqueur of choice
- 90ml water or water & cream
- Butter & base line 8 to 10 individual ramekin dishes & sprinkle insides with a little sugar.
- Mix cocoa, sugar & cornflour with a little of the milk to make a paste.
- Boil the remainder (in pan or microwave) then pour onto cocoa mix & until smooth.
- Cook in pan or microwave until thickened.
- Cool for 5 mins then whisk in egg yolks.
- Whisk egg whites to soft peaks.
- Take about a quarter of the whiltes & thoroughly mix into the choc custard. Add chocolate & mix in.
- Fold in remaining whites & divide between ramekins - ensure the chopped choc is divied as evenly as poss. (The big lumps fall to the bottom).
- Bake in bain marie at 180 deg for about 15m till well risen.
- Remove & cool, & chill until ready to re-bake.
- Remove souffle from ramekin by sliding a palette knife around edge.
- Turn out into individual gratin dishes & remove the paper disc.
- Sauce: Put 200g broken up dark choc in microwaveable jug with approx 150ml of water, or a mixture of cream & alcohol of choice, microwave till melted & mix well.
- Pour sauce around & a bit over the tops of the souffles. Bake at 180 deg for 10m.
- Serve with more sauce or pouring cream.
Recipe images are not uploaded yet.
Please note: this recipe has been submitted by a user of this website and is not one of Delia's. We cannot, therefore, take any responsibility if the recipe contains errors, does not work or is not as you expect it to be, although, as our users are keen cooks, we are confident it will be a great dish. Delia tests each of her recipes three times, which is why you can always be sure of success.