Fresh Lemon Cheesecake with Frosted Grapes
The frosted grapes on the top make this an attractive dinner party dessert.
For the base:
4oz (110g) digestive biscuits crushed into crumbs.
2oz (50g) butter.
for the filling:
2 1/2 oz (60g) caster sugar.
12oz (350g) cottage cheese.
2 large eggs yolks.
Grated rind and juice of 2 lemons.
1/2 oz (10g) powdered gelatine.
5 fl.oz (150ml) double cream,
for the topping:
4oz (110g) seedless grapes.
1 egg white,caster sugar.
- First prepare the base of the cheesecake by melting the butter in a small saucepan,
- then mix the melted butter with the biscuit crumbs in a bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and press it well down all over as evenly as possible,
- Now put the gelatine, along with 3 tablespoons of cold water, into a small cup and stand this in a small saucepan of barely simmering water. Leave it for about 10 minutes or until the gelatine looks clear and transparent. Then put it to one side.
- Now put the egg yolks, sugar and cheese in a liquidiser, blend for a minute,
- then add the lemon juice and rind plus the gelatine (pour the gelatine through a strainer)
- Blend again until everything is thoroughly mixed and the mixture is absolutely smooth.
- Now whip up the cream until you get a floppy consistency, pour this into the liquidiser and blend again for just a few seconds.
- Next pour the whole mixture over the biscuit base, cover with foil and chill for a minimum of 3 hours. (I freeze mine usually, and it freezes very well).
- To decorate, whisk up the left-over egg whites.
- Break the grapes into little clusters of 2 or 3 grapes and dip each bunch, first into the egg white, then into a saucer of caster sugar.
- Leave them spread out on greaseproof paper for a couple of hours before decorating the top of your cheesecake.
Recipe images are not uploaded yet.
Please note: this recipe has been submitted by a user of this website and is not one of Delia's. We cannot, therefore, take any responsibility if the recipe contains errors, does not work or is not as you expect it to be, although, as our users are keen cooks, we are confident it will be a great dish. Delia tests each of her recipes three times, which is why you can always be sure of success.
Most Popular recipes
Our Top 10 Easter Chocolate Cakes
Win with New Zealand Lamb & Gastrolux Cookware