Dark Chocolate Sorbet
You can serve this on it's own, with mixed berries, in a brandy snap basket - or make a choc case by metling some dark choc & brushing it up the sides & over the base of a paper muffin case, then freeze until set. Remove paper & store in box until ready to use (can keep frozen). Put scoops of sorbet into the case & keep frozen until ready to serve. Crumble amaretti biscuits over the top if liked.
- 600ml water
- 200g granulated sugar
- 1 rounded TBS cocoa
- 200g dark choc (not more than 70% cocoa solids)
- amaretti biscuits (optional)
- Dissolve sugar in water.
- Bring to boil & simmer for 5m till syrupy.
- Mix cocoa powder to a smooth paste with a little of the hot syrup.
- Snap choc into pieces & add to the rest of the syrup & stir as it melts.
- Add the cocoa paste to the choc syrup.
- Cool then churn till frozen or freeze in a box, beating every hour to avoid ice crystals.
Optional: Crumble a handful of amaretti biscuits into the sorbet then freeze until required.
Recipe images are not uploaded yet.
Please note: this recipe has been submitted by a user of this website and is not one of Delia's. We cannot, therefore, take any responsibility if the recipe contains errors, does not work or is not as you expect it to be, although, as our users are keen cooks, we are confident it will be a great dish. Delia tests each of her recipes three times, which is why you can always be sure of success.
Most Popular recipes
Win an Induction Hob from Argos
Barbecue recipes: burgers, kebabs and the rest