Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
My friend, from America, gave me this recipe a few years ago, for these gorgeous chocolate peanut butter bikkies. They remind me a little of Reese's peanut butter cups...exceptionally moreish...once you start, you may not be able to stop. I find the best thing to do is to take at least half the batch in to work ;o)
192g plain flour
64g unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
113g butter, softened
100g granulated sugar
110g packed brown sugar
85g peanut butter
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
96g sifted powdered sugar
170g peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 175 degree C. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat together butter, the 100g granulated sugar, brown sugar, and the 85g peanut butter with an electric mixer until combined. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well. Beat in as much of the dry ingredients as you can with mixer. Stir in remaining dry ingredients by hand with a wooden spoon. Form chocolate dough into 32 balls about 3cm in diameter. Set aside.
3. For peanut butter filling, in a medium mixing bowl combine powdered sugar and the remaining 170g peanut butter until smooth. Shape mixture into 32 (1.5cm) balls.
4. On a work surface, slightly flatten a chocolate dough ball and top with a peanut butter ball. Shape the chocolate dough over the peanut butter filling, completely covering the filling. Roll dough into a ball. Repeat with the remaining chocolate dough and peanut butter filling balls.
5. Place balls 5cm apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten.
6. Bake cookies in preheated oven for 8 minutes or until they're just set and surface is slightly cracked. Let cookies stand for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool.
To Store: Place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Recipe images are not uploaded yet.
Please note: this recipe has been submitted by a user of this website and is not one of Delia's. We cannot, therefore, take any responsibility if the recipe contains errors, does not work or is not as you expect it to be, although, as our users are keen cooks, we are confident it will be a great dish. Delia tests each of her recipes three times, which is why you can always be sure of success.
Most Popular recipes
Win one of ten pairs of tickets to see Taken At Midnight. Enter now!
Meat Free Monday
Win a £200 supermarket voucher courtesy of Rapeseed Oil Benefits!