Carrot Cake Muffins
These muffins seem extra special with the icing, though the icing is optional, of course! Just as nice, without the icing if you want to be extra good, though so easy to do! These are so moist and delicious, and they don’t taste at all like carrots! These have much less sugar and oil than traditional carrot cake. From Susan Reimer’s ‘Muffins Fast & Fantastic’.
Method1. Prepare muffins tins.
2. Pre-heat oven to 375-400F or 190-200C or
Gas Mark 5-6.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg with a fork.
Add milk/water, honey, sugar, carrot and vanilla, followed by oil/melted butter, stir well.
5. Pour all of liquid mixture into dry. Stir just until combined, adding walnuts/raisins during the final stir, don’t over stir.
6. Spoon into the muffin cases. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until tops spring back when pressed gently. Allow muffins to cool before icing. Stir icing ingredients together until blended add ½ teaspoon milk if needed.
Recipe images are not uploaded yet.
Please note: this recipe has been submitted by a user of this website and is not one of Delia's. We cannot, therefore, take any responsibility if the recipe contains errors, does not work or is not as you expect it to be, although, as our users are keen cooks, we are confident it will be a great dish. Delia tests each of her recipes three times, which is why you can always be sure of success.
Most Popular recipes
Win an Induction Hob from Argos
Barbecue recipes: burgers, kebabs and the rest