Bedfordshire Teabread - (known as Sticky Bread in our family)
A fatless teabread that is so simple to make and improves with keeping. Wonderful sliced and spread with butter.
1 lb. mixed dried fruit.
1 mug of cold tea.
1 mug of dark soft brown sugar.
1 large egg.
2 mugs of Self raising flour.
1. Soak mixed dried fruit and soft brown sugar in cold tea overnight.
2. Add beaten egg and flour. Mix well.
3. Put into two well greased 1 lb loaf tins, or one 2 lb loaf tin.
4. Bake for 75 - 90 minutes (depending on size of tins) at 325 F or 163 C, (less if you have a fan assisted oven).
Recipe images are not uploaded yet.
Please note: this recipe has been submitted by a user of this website and is not one of Delia's. We cannot, therefore, take any responsibility if the recipe contains errors, does not work or is not as you expect it to be, although, as our users are keen cooks, we are confident it will be a great dish. Delia tests each of her recipes three times, which is why you can always be sure of success.
Most Popular recipes
- Old-fashioned Cherry Cake (non-sinking cherries)
- Fruit Cake (with crushed pineapple)
- Covering a square fruit cake with marzipan and sugarpaste
Win a Panasonic Breadmaker and a supply of Carr's Flour
Sunday Roast Recipes