Caramalised Balsamic Vinegar
This Caramalised Balsamic Vinegar is deliciously rich and syrupy and combines beautifully with olive oil for a salad dressing, or on it's own as a rich glaze.
Try it as a marinade for strawberries, decorated with mint, or drizzled on fresh salmon before baking in a parcel in the oven.
- 1 cup (200g) of sugar
- 1 tbspn water
- 500ml balsamic vinegar
- Put one cup of sugar and 1 tbspn water in a pan
- Heat slowly to dissolve, stirring constantly (take off heat if it starts to boil before the sugar is dissolved)
- Bring to a fast boil, stirring, until golden brown (about 5 minutes)
- Take off the heat and slowly add 500ml balsamic vinegar, stirring
- Return to the heat and boil to reduce to required consistency. Be careful, it will thicken up as it cools!
- Allow to cool before bottling
Please note: this recipe has been submitted by a user of this website and is not one of Delia's. We cannot, therefore, take any responsibility if the recipe contains errors, does not work or is not as you expect it to be, although, as our users are keen cooks, we are confident it will be a great dish. Delia tests each of her recipes three times, which is why you can always be sure of success.
Most Popular recipes
Autumn apple recipes